1. Saint Lazare Station was built as the first station in Paris in 1837.
2. Gare Saint-Lazare places second after Gare du Nord as the second busiest station in Paris.
With an estimate of around having 450, 000 passengers every day, the station is equipped with:
300 passengers-information screens
21 escalators and lifts
27 platforms which serve both suburban (Transilien) and Intercités (Normandy)
3. This building was considered a historical monument since 1984.
4. The Saint Lazare is the only station in Paris that has the Bulle or Bubble-shaped metro entrance.
There is only one The FIRST Burger King in this fashion capital is found at the Saint Lazare Station.
6. Still talking about fast food, outside the station you will find the only McDonald’s restaurant that was ranked as a historical monument in Paris.
7. Outside Gare Saint-Lazare, you will find this interesting bronze statue that depicts an “accumulation” made of suitcases entitled Consigne à Vie (Storage of Life) by Arman.
To live will be an awfully big adventure.
– Peter Pan