Last April, I became a member of Bellabox Singapore and decided to have this brand to be my first buy. OCC Lip Tar is not only known for its beautiful and pigmented colours, but also for being certified by PETA to be 100% Vegan and cruelty-free. But what makes them special compared to other lip products? Well, these lip tars are like artist’s paints that can be mixed and combined to come up with different (not to mention, INTERESTING) colours.
Photo courtesy of makeuptalk.com
The lip products came in a small plastic pouch where the lip tar tube and small lip brush are neatly placed inside. To give you an idea of the brush size, here is a picture of it beside a pen.
With this kind of packaging, it makes it very convenient to bring the product and brush whenever and wherever you may want to. 🙂
Described as “midtown pink/plum neutral,” Memento may be part of your day look or it can also be paired with smoky eyes in the evening. After I application, the lipstick did not leave a matte finish on my lips. It was more of a satin finish (in my opinion and based on how it looked like in my photos.)
2. Pretty Boy
A lovely color and definitely a head turner. It can be perfect on the summer season and holidays or whenever you may feel like wearing a hot pink shade. 😉 Pretty Boy is described as “a dark, blue-based fuchsia pink” and it can be worn with a simple black eyeliner to go with it.
Just like Memento, Pretty Boy leaves a satin finish on the lips but trickier to apply.
A closer look on Pretty Boy when worn:
- good packaging especially that it comes with a small lip brush.
- 100% Vegan, cruelty-free and paraben-free
- pigmented and leaves a lasting stain on the lips (especially Pretty Boy) for more than 8 hours.
- peppermint-scented (this is a personal preference)
- does not bleed even if you do not use any lip liner
- The lip brush may be cute but using a full size lip brush in applying the product is a better choice.
- It may not bleed on the lips after application but during my testing, Pretty Boy stained not just a teeth or two but the whole upper grid. Nasty. Maybe I used too much? Nevertheless, I am not very confident (at least until I figure out to how to wear it) without worrying about potential stains on my teeth.
- Though it leaves a pretty good stain on the lips that can last up to 8 hours, I prefer to have a longer, lasting lipstick that would not move even if I eat or drink.
- Product – 3/5
- Ease of Use – 3.5/5
- Application may be tricky but once you get the right rhythm, you will pull through 😀
- Price – 4/5
- Will I purchase again?
- I may have my reservations, so I will say no. 😀
I hope you had fun as much as I did and until my next makeup review! — Makeup Products used in the photos:
- Foundation: MAC Pro Long Wear Liquid Foundation
- Brows – NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (03)
- Eyeliner – Makeup Forever Aqua Liner
- Blush/Bronzer/Illuminator – NYX Buttnaked Eyes Palette