We are now on the second part of my Colourpop Lippie Stix review. If you wish to read the first part, just click here. If the first half was all about nudes, corals and pinks, the second half will be reds and violets.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Described as a bright warm neon red with a matte finish. This and Grind were my first Colourpop Lippie Stix that I bought. At that time, I was looking for a bright red or red-orange matte lipstick because I wanted to try something new. When these beauties arrived, I excitedly tried them but was not convinced that it’s the shade that I was looking for.
Honestly, I was disappointed and it was the reason why I bought MAC Lady Danger. After letting it sit for a month in my vanity box, I decided to try it again and this time I had a change of heart. It was really a bright and I love it. Maybe there was something wrong with my eyes when I first tried it out. 😀
This shade was graced by Jessica Chastain at the MET Gala last 04 May 2015. Described as a perfect true red, with a matte finish. Fighter was seen again on TV when Christina Aguilera wore it at the Results Night on May 12th (The Voice Season 8).
photos courtesy of see.co and christinaaguilera.com
The next three lipsticks may look similar but once you swatch them, you will see the difference.
Described as a deep, red wine with a matte finish. A lovely reddish plum hue that is perfect for the autumn season. 😀 But who needs to wait for autumn when you can already wear it now? This rich, dramatic color is one of my favorites and it is my most used Lippie Stix to date.
If you watched the latest season of Dancing With The Stars then you probably know who Rumer Willis. She is the daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. Rumer and her partner Val Chmerkovskiy were announced as DWTS Season 20 champion.
She collaborated with Colourpop Cosmetics and they came up with a collection that they called “Rumer Has It.” She described the collection as “both edgy and feminine.“
The shade called “Blood” is part of the collection and it is described as a deep burgundy red with a matte finish. If you look at the photos of Blood and Bichette, they looked similar but I provided a better point of comparison of the colors below. 😀 – this is something that men wouldn’t understand :)) You know, like the difference between lavender and purple. ;D
My on top of my list and my favorite shade out of all the Lippie Stix that I tried and reviewed. Described as a rich plum wine with a matte finish. This is a lovely color and when I did the testing, I stepped out for dinner and had coffee after. The lipstick did not bleed at all and you can rarely see that it faded.
Also, I received compliments on how beautiful the color was. It goes perfectly with NYX Deep Purple Lip Liner.
I remember last year when I was trying my best to get hold of MAC’s Heroine and I tried calling almost all the MAC stores in Singapore until I grew tired and just let it go. When I found out that Colourpop’s Grind is the best dupe for MAC’s Heroine, of course, I got one.
Grind is described as a vivid blue violet with a matte finish.
Here is a comparison of Grind with the violet lipsticks that I have.
- The lipsticks are creamy and long lasting enough.
- One thing that I realized was that it wears better if you use a lip brush to apply the lipstick. The brush helps you apply the product evenly and you can build the color (from light to dark) very well.
- Easy to use and apply.
Their matte lipsticks are not drying at al l.After eating and drinking, the color faded a little and it was unnoticeable. There was no need to reapply the lipstick. HOWEVER, if you wear them for more than 6 hours, you may need to retouch though this may not apply to all the colors, especially the bold/dark ones.
- No feathering despite having meals.
- Very opaque and highly pigmented.
- Cruelty-free products
- this is the best part! Each lippie stix is sold at 5 USD while sellers in Singapore are giving it at an average of 12 SGD a pop.
- Each tube contains 1 gram of lipstick. Comparing it with other lipstick products like MAC at 3g for 16 USD, it seems like there is not much difference. BUT if you the type of person who prefers to have a lot of options but does not want to splurge so much, then this is the perfect product for you. It is an affordable product with great quality. You really get what you pay for. 😀
- It has a light vanilla scent that is similar to MAC and I like it.
Unfortunately, this wonderful brand is not available locally and in order to get the shades that I want (both from old and new collections) at a shorter period of time, I had to go from one seller to another.
UPDATE on AVAILABILITY
(as of July 2016)
Starting July 12th, Colourpop is now offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey. There is no flat rate for shipping because the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders.
- I tested and wore Fancy (swatches and photos in Part 1) for almost 10 hours and I my lips felt a little dryness after 4 hours.
- My lips got flaky at the end of the day (after 10 hours) but this is really expected because these are matte lipsticks.
- Product – 5/5
- Ease of Use – 5/5
- Price – 5/5
- Colourpop Lippie Stix is sold at 5 USD (1 gram of lipstick) each but if you will buy from local sellers in Singapore, it is sold from 12 SGD each. (price varies depending on the seller) If you are from Singapore and you want to get your lippie stix, check out Pingbong‘s Carousell account.
- Will I purchase again?
- Definitely! 😀
We have reached the second part of my Colourpop Cosmetics Lippie Stix review. Click here to read the third part.
***Note from the author:
The original set of photos used in this post was changed because the true colors of the lip products were not properly captured in the previous shots.