Described as a lip product with intense pigmentation, but with a glossy finish. Yes, if you are thinking of lipstick + lip gloss, then you are correct.
According to their website, each glaze lip paint should do the following:
- Provides the shine of a lip gloss.
- Gives the intensely pigmented appearance of a liquid lipstick
- Delivers rich color with staying power.
Did they deliver their promises? Let’s find out.
Each glazed lip paint comes in a plastic tube with a gold cap. The color of the tube indicates the shade of the lip product. The brand name is printed on the body of the tube, while the name of the shade, product code and ingredients are printed in a sticker.
When you remove the cap, you will see that the applicator is made of plastic. 😕
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
I say that this color is between old rose and old mauve. The color of the tube was lighter that the actual product.
This is a personal favorite! I can describe this as a magenta-plum color and if you wish to make a statement with your lips, then this is one color that you should not miss.
- I bought these from the last Beauty Fair/Roadshow held at the mall near where I live, and they were priced at 9.90 SGD per tube (sold at $4 in the US). Each tube brings you 0.40 fl. oz (12 ML) worth of lip product.
- these can be found online (thru Carousell SG) or in beauty fairs/roadshows.
- Opaque and Highly-Pigmented
- A small amount will be enough, especially if you are using a lip brush to apply.
- The lip product is packed with peppermint oil and vitamin e.
- It has a minty smell and the hint of minty taste too, once applied. But that will come off after a few minutes.
- Leaves a good stain on the lips.
- Easy to remove.
- I really didn’t like that it was plastic.
- It can also be a challenge to apply the lip product evenly if you use the applicator.
- Not long-wearing enough
- Despite the good stain that it leaves after a few hours of wearing, I prefer to have the “dramatic” or shall I say “juicy” look of the gloss from the beginning.
- It can be runny
- I noticed this particularly with Pin-Up shade.
- Given this, it is also possible to bleed on the lip line.
- Possible to stain you teeth
- Which happened to me with Pin-Up (again).
Before I end this review, here are some of the tips and tricks that you may find useful when applying lipstick. 🙂
Berry’s Useful Tips:
- Exfoliate and moisturize your lips.
- Given the texture of the LA Girl Glazed Lip Paint, you should make sure that your lips are not flaky or chapped.
- Use lip balm (before applying and after removing).
- Use a lip liner to avoid “bleeding” on the lip line.
- Shake the tube first and use a lip brush to apply the lip product.
- This help you apply the lipstick EVENLY.
- Lastly, do not put too much product on your lips.
Makeup Of the Day:
- Foundation – MAC Pro Longwear in NC25
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear in NC20
- Eyebrow – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeliner – Rock n’ Kohl in Barbarella Brown by Charlotte Tilbury
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay 3 Naked Palette
- Contour and Highlight – Film Star Bronze and Glow by Charlotte Tilbury
- Blush – Cheek to Chic’s Love is the Drug by Charlotte Tilbury