As you all know, I am a coffee lover, but I never said that I don’t like tea, right? I usually take my espresso in the morning or afternoon, while I enjoy a cup of tea in the evening (whenever I have stocks at home).
photo courtesy of epicreads.com
TWG and Twinings Tea are the top 2 house favourites. It is easier to get hold of the latter brand as it is available in the local groceries, unlike for TWG where you need to visit their store so for your supplies. So last week, I decided to try their online shopping service (thru TWG app).
TWG Mobile App Shopping
First of all, you have to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and you have 2 options to do this:
After you are done creating an account, you can already proceed with your orders. I provided some screenshots of the TWG application below.
All you have to do is to pick the tea of your choice and click the Add to Bag button.
After choosing your orders, just click the Check Out button and you will be sent to the Order Summary page where you can view the details of the products that you wish to purchase.
Once you are sure that you have nothing else to change or add, you can then click the PROCEED TO NEXT STEP button.
This is the step where you will provide your complete mailing address and contact number.
If you will use the TWG app, the minimum amount of purchase will be 100 SGD (free delivery exclusive in Singapore).
Payments are made thru PAYPAL, if you do not have a Paypal account, you do not have to worry because you can use the service as a GUEST and all you have to do is provide your credit card details.
After you have completed the payment, Paypal will automatically send you a confirmation email for the payment made. In my case, after I received the confirmation from Paypal, I also received the confirmation email from TWG.
Despite the order confirmation that you will receive from them, you must also wait for the SHIPPING CONFIRMATION. This email will inform you that your orders are on the way and a TRACKING NUMBER will be provided, too.
Based from my experience, here is a bulleted summary for your reference:
October 11 (Sunday)
- I placed my orders
- received payment and order confirmations
October 13 (Tuesday)
- I sent a follow-up email just to check the status of my order in the afternoon (around 2 pm)
- 20 minutes after, I received a response from the TWG team confirming that my orders are for collection by the local freight forwarder
- After two hours, I received the Shipping Confirmation email.
- I received the package by noon time.
The package came in a brown box with their logo. My orders were neatly wrapped in TWG paper and bubble wrap. Inside the box, I found the following:
- 4 tea boxes (each box contains 15 tea bags x 2.5 g)
- a copy of the receipt
- A TWG card and
- a letter from TWG Tea Customer Service
- 2 tea samples (Harlequin Tea and Desert Mirage Tea)
Quality of Product – 5 / 5
- Being the known as the “finest luxury tea brand in the world”, TWG tea will always be a personal brand favourite.
Price – 5/5
- Each box is priced at 25 SGD and contains 15 bags. For the world’s finest luxury tea at this price, that is not a bad price.
Customer Service – 5/5
- I am VERY SATISFIED with their customer service. They handle their customers well and respond to my query in a timely manner.
- I also love the fact that they provide a PERSONALISED service to their clients. It seems that they analyse their customer’s taste and they try to recommend other flavours based on the recent purchase.
Will you use their service again?
Will you recommend it?
- Definitely. 🙂
Note that the store and online prices are the same. But if you are far from the store locations or if you have a busy schedule and you do not have the time to drop by their stores, then ordering online is a good option to look at. 🙂
When your day seems topsy turvy and as stormy as can be,
there’s nothing quite as tranquil as a nice hot cup of tea.