LA. Girl USA describes this line as the blurring the lines between lipstick and lip gloss.
It promises to:
- have long wearing formula
- intense color pay off
- flat matte, velvety finish
Blurring the lines between lipstick and lip gloss.
– L.A. Girl USA
This product comes in a black glass-like tube as shown in the photo above. The brand name is printed on the body of the tube, while the name of the shade, product code and ingredients are printed in a sticker.
Its doe foot applicator is slimmer compared to the normal size.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Fleur is a beige nude shade and I like how it pays off when applied on the lips. This is the nude lip color that can be worn every day.
Secret is dark burgundy red shade and it reminds me of Lime Crime Velvetine’s Wicked.
- I bought these from the last Beauty Fair/Roadshow held at the mall near where I live, and they were priced at 11.90 SGD per tube (sold at $5 in the US). Each tube brings you 0.17 fl. oz (5g) worth of lip product.
- these can be found online (thru Carousell SG with price ranging from 11-13 SGD plus mailing fee ) or in
- beauty fairs/roadshows.
- No particular smell and taste
- Opaque and Highly-Pigmented
- Intense color pay off
- flat matte velvety finish
- No bleeding on my lip line
- Minimal transfer – (I tested my cup)
- It does not dry as quick as Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip, so you have time to apply them properly.
Not long-wearing enough
- Despite the minimal transfer when I tested the product, I noticed that inner, middle part of my lips became patchy after I sipped my drink directly from the cup and unconsciously pressed my lips together.
- I also noticed that it became a little powdery.
- it may feel a bit thick if you put more than 2 coats.
Before I end this review, here are some of the tips and tricks that you may find useful when applying flat matte lipsticks.
Berry’s Useful Tips:
photo courtesy of mimichatter.com
- Exfoliate and moisturize your lips.
- Use lip balm (before applying and after removing).
- Use a lip liner to avoid “bleeding” on the lip line.
- Shake the tube first and use a lip brush to apply the lip product.
- This helps you apply the lipstick EVENLY.
- Lastly, do not put too much product on your lips.
Makeup Of the Day:
- Foundation – MAC Pro Longwear in NC25
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear in NC20
- Eyebrow – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeliner – Rock n’ Kohl in Barbarella Brown by Charlotte Tilbury
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay 3 Naked Palette
- Contour and Highlight – Film Star Bronze and Glow by Charlotte Tilbury
- Blush – Cheek to Chic’s Love is the Drug by Charlotte Tilbury
A mouth without lipstick
is like a cake without frosting.