The colour PINK makes everything look pretty.
The stars of this post are two of Jeffree Star’s Velour liquid lipstick shades in pink and they are Prom Night and Masochist.
Each lipstick comes in a pink box with rose-gold stars printed in front (as seen in the photo). The name of the shade is printed on a sticker and pasted at the top cover of the box.
These liquid lipsticks are placed in a transparent, and high-end looking plastic tubes with a pink cap and rose-gold stars are printed on them. The brand name is also printed in rose-gold foil and positioned in front of each bottle.
The name of the shade is printed on a pink sticker and pasted at the bottom of each tube.
I personally like this sort of feature, if I may call it that way. Closing and having that “click” sound/feel when you close the cap gives you a sense of security.
As I mentioned in my previous reviews, I like Jeffree Star’s wand because it is longer applicator (compared to Lime Crime’s) and has a wider end which makes it easier to use and glide on the lips when applying the product.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Described as very bright pink in a matte finish. Prom Night reminds me of Colourpop’s Ultra Matte lipstick in Highball.
Colourpop’s Highball is indeed a dupe for Jeffree Star’s Prom Night. In fact, Highball is flat matte compared to Prom Night, but also more drying. Personally, I find the JS matte lipstick to be more velvety. Both are long-wearing and leaves a good stain on the lips even after meals.
This shade is a beautiful cool toned dark pink matte lipstick; the colour reminds me of those ripened berries. This is the kind of shade that I really like. I had hot and bright fuchsia lipsticks but this is something that really fits in my list. 😀
Depending on the lighting, Masochist may appear to be dark pink to bright red. In the video that I posted in Snapchat (add me up if you have one; snapchat:berryduchess) and Instagram, I was wearing this lipstick and it looked red on my lips.
- Each Velour Liquid Lipstick is sold at 18 USD.
- There is a limit of 2 lipsticks per shade per customer. I think it is a reasonable policy so everyone has a fair chance of getting all the other shades that they wish to have.
- These liquid lipsticks very opaque and pigmented; 1-2 swipes will be enough.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting/long wearing
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery, unlike other flat matte lipsticks that I tried.
- Masochist really stained my lips which lasted until the following day despite removing it with all the makeup removers that I have.
- It feels so light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Made in the USA.
- 100% Cruelty-free products.
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) BUT DO NOT FRET because you have 2 options:
- You can buy directly from their website and the international shipping (via USPS) costs 10.95 USD.
- If you do not want to buy directly from the company, you can check CAROUSELL for local sellers and these beauties are sold from 34 SGD each. I got mine from Pingbong.
SOLD OUT EASILY
- The products are so good, they can easily go out of stock (in a span of 1 or 2 hours after restocking) so if you want the shade, just click and buy them or you will be sorry.
Stay updated and make sure that you follow their official Instagram account: @jeffreestarcosmetics or sign up for their email subscription via www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com.
If you want to see my other reviews for this brand, just click the image below: