Bésame Cosmetics is one of my greatest discoveries this 2015. The first pair of lipsticks that I bought and reviewed were 1930 Noir Red and 1940 Red Velvet.
For this post, I will feature one of their most popular shade when you talk about the best red lipsticks in the market. As mentioned before, I was looking for the perfect red lipstick when I found out this brand. A number of people recommended Besame Red, but when I made my order I decided to try Red Velvet first. So now, let us not waste your time and move to the review! 😀
Bésame lipsticks are packaged in a red box designed with brand’s signature chrysanthemum flowers and gold imprints. The size is also smaller than the usual lipstick box.
The packaging of this lipstick is inspired by the 1940’s lipstick bullet. With its small size (3.5 g), it perfectly fits in the pocket of your purse. The gold-plated casing gives a sophisticated and luxurious feel when you hold it.
Please note that if you order thru Sephora.com, there is NO red pouch included in the box. I think you will only get it if you order directly from their website.
This is a photo of Bésame lipstick when compared to the sizes of other brands.
(L-R) YSL Rouge Volupte, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford, MAC & Bésame
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
1920 Besame Red
Described as true red with a cooler, blue-toned base with a semi-matte finish. As promised by Bésame, it gives off a rich color with just one swipe.
1940 Red Velvet is darker as compared with Besame Red. While some were saying that this is somewhat similar with MAC’s Ruby Woo, I would disagree on that. In my opinion, Ruby Woo is richer. (Or maybe at least for me when I used them.)
- Bésame lipsticks are priced at 22 USD each. The price may be a little bit high for a lipstick but given the formula and performance of the product, it is definitely worth the amount that you will pay for.
- In Singapore, the price varies as it depends on the current foreign exchange, but in average it is being sold between 40 – 44 SGD.
- Highly pigmented and very opaque.
- It gives off a very rich color with just one swipe.
- Ease of Application
- I love how they designed their lipsticks (square end) because it makes the application easier and even without the help of a lip liner.
- The lipstick felt comfortable and light on the lips.
- Long wearing
- I wore Besame Red for almost 8 hours. After meals and drinks, the color faded a little BUT! all I had to do was press my lips together (once or twice is enough).
- After meals, the lipstick was still intact and I did not experience any bleeding/feathering.
- It has a vanilla scent same with MAC lipsticks and Colourpop Lippie Stix.
- My lips did not flake out even after wearing it for hours.
- I feel that my lips were moisturized while wearing them.
- Made in the USA.
- Bésame Cosmetics is not available in Singapore. I got my lipsticks from my reliable source of imported beauty products here. (PingBong).
If you do not want to buy from a local seller here (Carousell), you have 2 other options:
- order directly from their website and pay for the (not-so-inexpensive) international shipping fee (average rate of 44 USD for Singapore) OR
- order thru Sephora.com. Though this option only works if you have friends/relatives in the US who can help you with your orders. See the complete details of Sephora’s International Shipments here.
***Take note that only 7 shades are available in Sephora website. How I wish that shades like Carmine and other pink shades can also be available. 😀
This is by far, the BEST lipstick formula that I have ever tried. So if you are looking for a lipstick to try, you can give this brand a chance and I promise that it is worth your time and money. The formula is so good that my lips looked and felt lovely, both in person and in the photos. ❤
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC25)
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
- Eyeliner –K-Palette Real Lasting Eye Pencil (1-day Tattoo) in Black
- Blush – Nars Orgasm
- Contour – Kat Von D Light & Shade Contour Palette
- Highlight – Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade
…her perfect red lipstick was not a choice but a warning
– Michael Xavier