When the news came out that Christian Louboutin released his own lipstick line, all makeup enthusiasts were excited and raving about it in different social media channels. With so much curiosity, I want to personally find out what the hype is all about. This is sort of “I bought and tested these, so you don’t have to“ type of situation 😀 And that is why I am here today to share my thoughts and impressions about this “it” lip product at the moment.
The full packaging details can be found here.
Inspired by Middle Eastern antiquities and the Art Deco movement, the solid metal body is reminiscent of a precious vial. The turret-like crown cap is topped with a small ring threaded with a silk ribbon, turning the lip colour into a necklace.
One can identify the lipstick finish thru the packaging design.
- SATIN – Smooth and Shiny
- MATTE – Smooth and Matte
- SHEER – scallop-like patterns
This is the heaviest lipstick that I held so far. It is heavier compared with Charlotte Tilbury’s K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick that I reviewed.
Notice that this is not a screw cap.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Every Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Colour promises to give the following:
- Glides on lips with an opulent and sensual feel. Sets with a silky satin finish and soft shine.
- Applies medium to full coverage in one stroke.
- Features a unique blend of ultra-fine pigments for deep and generous colour.
- Protects effectively against dryness thanks to a complex of natural oils and seed butters.
- Lasts with comfort and excellent appearance without feathering for up to 4 hours.
Torerra is a warm red colour and another first in my red lipstick collection (I prefer matte and semi-matte finishes for red lippies). Satin lipsticks are best if you have dry lips because they are moisturising and a lot of people I know prefers this than a matte finish.
Though satin lipsticks are highly pigmented and moisturizing it also needs retouching especially when you eat and drink and that is a let down for me.
Christian Louboutin Silky Satin lipstick gives a lovely payoff with just one swipe. This is the color makes the lips look sexy and it may be worn on evening gatherings or perhaps a formal event.
Christian Louboutin lipsticks are priced at 90 USD each. This is a lavish price for a lip product, but if you are a makeup enthusiast then this is something that you may want to have in your collection.
In Singapore, the price varies as it depends on the current foreign exchange, but on average it is being sold between 140 – 190 SGD.
- Highly pigmented.
- Ease of Application
- Easily glides on the lips.
- Comfortable to wear.
- not sticky
- I felt that my lips were hydrated and moisturized while wearing and thereafter.
- Left a good stain on my lips after meals and drinks.
- Mineral Oil-free.
- Mineral Oil-free.DEA-free.
- Made in the USA.
- There are 20 shades to choose from and you may check them here.
- It is high-priced for the same amount of lip product that you will get from the regular lipsticks. (0.12 oz/ 3.5 grams)
- It is heavy (overall packaging weight) for a lipstick.
- Because of its design, the lipsticks cannot stand alone so that makes it a challenge to display them. Mine is kept in its box and placed inside my vanity cabinet.
- Not long-lasting enough but this is something that you can already expect from a satin lipstick.
- It has a light floral scent (a hint of rose) but it fades after a while.
- A slight floral taste which I can relate to the scent, but again it fades after a while of wearing it.
- To date, Christian Louboutin lipsticks are not yet available in Singapore. I ordered mine from my reliable source of imported beauty products here. (PingBong).
If you do not want to buy from a local seller here (Carousell), you may:
- order thru Sephora.com. Though this option only works if you have friends/relatives in the US who can help you with your orders. See the complete details of Sephora’s International Shipments here.
In summary, the Christian Louboutin Silky Satin lipstick delivered its promises. But because of the price, it’s considered to be a luxury makeup item and not everyone may want to splurge as much as 90 USD for a lip product. Also, there may be other brands in the market that can offer the same quality, but for a lesser price.
However, if you are a makeup aficionado, you may want to have one of these for your collection. 😀
If you wish to read the first two review, just click the links below:
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC25)
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
- Eyeliner –K-Palette Real Lasting Eye Pencil (1-day Tattoo) in Black
- Blush – Nars Orgasm
- Contour – Kat Von D Light & Shade Contour Palette
- Highlight – Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade
Start each day with your favourite lipstick and a beautiful smile.