We will talk about a new brand of lipstick that I recently tried. This is actually my first time to try a product from Lancome. It was one fine day and I dropped by to the nearest Sephora store, just you know, check out if there’s anything new and then I saw these new lip products from Lancome’s display bar. And you know me, I am attracted to anything red or hot pink and so I grabbed the shade 373 Magenta.
According to Lancome, the L’Absolu Velour is classified as a gloss but it is supposed to give an intense colour payoff with velvet matte finish. If you are familiar with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream and Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream (which by the way, I reviewed 5 shades and you can find them here and here) they have the same concept, but the L’absolu Velour is glossy once applied and turns into semi-matte finish later on.
A sublime lipstick result with the simplicity of a gloss gesture Ultra-sensual, L’Absolu Velours curves lips and dresses them in seduction without sacrificing comfort thanks to its moisturising texture and long-wearing hold (8 hours)…
Sensuality and refinement in a single, precise and rapid step: simple and effortless beauty by Lancôme.
The lip product is housed in a silver box with the brand’s signature rose embossed on the front cover.
*NOTE: I had to hold the box in this position just so it won’t reflect on the camera lens.
The gloss is placed a sleek, transparent, and high-end looking plastic tube with a black (with silver rose printed) as seen in the photo below. At the bottom of the tube, you will find a small sticker indicating the shade number.
The doe foot applicator of the L’Absolu Velour is flat and it somewhat mimicking the shape of the lips for easier application.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
The first time I swatched this on my hand, I already know that I cannot let go of this beautiful fuchsia, but I also have to admit that I had reservations. In fact, I find it too glossy and doubted that it will even have a semi-matte finish on the lips.
After applying on my lips, I was convinced that this is no way a matte lip product. Even the photos are showing how glossy it was. After more than 25 minutes, it finally sit on my lips and had a soft matte finish like that of Christian Louboutin’s Velvet Matte Lip Colour.
- Lancome the L’Absolu Velour is sold at 42 SGD.
- medium to full coverage.
- Ease of Application
- Easily glides on the lips.
- Comfortable to wear.
- not sticky
- no bleeding/feathering
- Left a good stain on my lips after drinks after almost 5 hours of wear.
- Available in Singapore (Sephora and Beauty counters in Tangs)
- Made in France.
- There are 9 shades to choose from and you may check them here.
Photo courtesy of mulpix.com
- It takes a while (25 minutes or so) to dry and set on the lips.
- Not long lasting
- Not transfer-proof
- While I was testing this, I was in the middle of writing another post and totally forgot that I have lipstick on and so I accidentally placed my hand on my lips (as I was trying to think of something). The next thing I know I have lipstick on my fingers and face! Funny but it would be awful if that happens when I am in public. LOL!
- One of the things that I personally don’t like on any makeup products. Unless they are soft vanilla scents like that of MAC’s lipsticks then I am fine. Just like Christian Louboutin lipsticks, this has a floral scent (a hint of rose) but it comes off after awhile.
- Also, with the smell comes the taste. It has a sort of a floral taste.
Makeup Of the Day:
- Foundation: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC25)
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
- Eyeliner –K-Palette Real Lasting Eye Pencil (1-day Tattoo) in Black
- Blush – Nars Orgasm
- Contour – Kat Von D Light & Shade Contour Palette
- Highlight – Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade