Here are some of the products that I tried and tested last month and some were great and some were disappointing. Let’s go!
❤️ Hit List ❤️
❤️ Make Up Forever Ultra High Definition Invisible Cover Concealer
- Great when used under the eyes.It gives a brightening effect.
- Does not crease despite the hot weather, but be sure that you don’t apply too much product. A pea size will go a long way.
- Available at local Sephora store and online store.
❤️ Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer – #8 Peach
- I use this in the areas of my face (jawline) because I got dark marks from breakouts and I also apply a small amount under my eye area.
❤️ L’Occitane Hand Creme
- This saved my hand from dryness when we travelled to Europe and I am still loving it.
- Has a light floral scent to it.
L’Occitane Ultra Soft Balm (Left) and L’Occitane Hand Creme (in tube)
❤️ SEPHORA Eye Masks
- It was included in my Sephora Paris haul and I didn’t know that it’s already available at Sephora Singapore. Bought it. Tried it. Liked it.
- I am using these at least twice a week. They have 10 variants and each has a different thing to offer.
❤️ Kiko Lip Masks
- Love the concept and it really works. Though I really vouch for lip scrubs, there are days when you need something extra, especially when you are in a very cold environment.
- I used the lip mask because my lips remained dry despite using a lip scrub and lip balm.
- The texture of my lips improved and it feels hydrated.
❤️ SEPHORA Triple Action Cleansing Water
- This is similar to Bioderma’s Sensibio H2O / Micellar solution
- Sephora’s Triple Action Cleansing Water is more fragrant compared to Bioderma’s Micellar Solution.
- It’s not sticky and leaves the skin fresh and feeling clean.
❤️ Starbucks Limited Edition Pouch
- This is a limited edition pouch set from Starbucks Singapore and it includes:
- 1 Large black canvas pouch
- 1 Medium canvas pouch
- 1 Black siren Starbucks Card
💔 Misses 💔
💔 Happy Skin – Don’t Get Mad Get Even Hydrating Liquid Foundation
- The SA said that this is a full coverage foundation and that it can last up to 24 hours and obviously she was not familiar with her product (I don’t mean to be bitchy here) and of course, I also know that.
- I used it with a primer and yet it was blotchy on the nose area and in other parts where I had imperfections.
- It was more of sheer/light to (buildable) medium coverage.
- After 4 hours of wear (and I was mostly in an air-conditioned area), it was almost gone and my face was a bit shiny.
- The foundation has a nice, clean smell and it is easy to apply, however, it wears off easily. It was light but not lasting enough.
💔 Kiko Milano – Skin Foundation
- Love their Universal Fit Liquid Foundation but I wasn’t impressed with this range.
photo courtesy of kikocosmetics.com
- Though it feels nice on the face and it did not feel heavy, it was also moving on my skin, especially in the area of my eyeglasses.
- It was blotchy and patchy on my nose & corner of the nose.
- The good side: If you have a perfect skin, then this is for you because I noticed that on the parts where I have no problems, it looked great. But since I have a combination skin type, my T-zone was very oily –like OMG!- licked by a cow level of oiliness.
- It didn’t work for me 😞
💔 Kiko Milano – Illuminate Pen Highlighter
- I think that the product is supposed to give a subtle highlight on the face but it was so subtle that I cannot see it at all! My face is shinier when it’s oily than when I applied it on my skin. Total fail.
Lastly, a special mention for NYX Intense Butter Gloss.
😐 NYX Intense Butter Gloss
- They are lovely glosses and a little comes a long way.
- You can build it up or tone down.
- Easy to wear and not sticky.
- HOWEVER, while using them, I realised that glosses are really not for me. It is a personal choice. So there.
The struggle is real.
Photo courtesy of cosmopolitan.co.uk
Have you tried any of these products? Share your thoughts at the comments section below.