When I found out that Gwen Stefani is doing a collaboration with Urban Decay I was really amped because she is one of the celebrities who totally rocks that bold (red) lips and badass black, winged eyeliner. I guess we can all agree that it is just about time for a cosmetic line/collaboration.
photo courtesy of kissfm.es
They launched her eyeshadow palette in November 2015 and I thought that was it! Honestly, I was quite disappointed that there were no lipsticks included. It was later when I find out that the lippies will be part of their 2016 launch together with her blush/highlighter palette and brow kit. So yeah, I kept my chill. 😛 Fast forward to Spring 2016 and today I will share my thoughts and impressions on these products.
Originally, Gwen Stefani lipstick collection has 8 shades but Sephora Singapore is only carrying 6 of them.
- Rock Steady
- Spider Web
- *Phone Call (not available in SG)
- *Plaid (not available in SG)
IMPRESSIVE – The packaging was well thought of; It’s edgy and very Gwen.
24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil
Same design goes for the lip liners and at the end of the pencil, there is a colour indicator for easier identification. These are my very first Urban Decay lip products so I really cannot say much or compare it to their regular lines, but I can say that the lip liners are very creamy and pigmented. You can wear them alone or do the lip liner + lipstick combo for a long lasting and bolder lip colour pay off. And just like any regular lip pencils, you can use a regular makeup pencil sharpener on these.
The bullet lipsticks are placed in a white and gold box with UD|Gwen Stefani logo stamped on the front side. The lipstick package, on the other hand, is designed with black and gold pattern and the shade’s name is found at the bottom.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Just like Kylie Jenner Lip Kits, it is best if you use the lip liner under the lipstick, but that is, of course, a personal choice.
WONDERLAND – LIP PENCIL
This is how it looks like when the lip liner is worn sans the lipstick.
WONDERLAND – LIPSTICK
Described as dark pink-red with a cream finish. Okay let us have one thing straight – I am not really a fan of pink-red lip colours but when I was checking swatches and reviews of this shade, I thought it was really a lovely shade that maybe I need to give it a try. It looked great on others but I just think that the colour is not for me. Again, here is where skin tones will come in. Shades differ depending on skin tones. Nevertheless, it is a great shade. 😀
ROCK STEADY – LIP PENCIL
ROCK STEADY – LIPSTICK
Described as deep wine red with a cream finish; If I were to rank the shades in her collection, Rock Steady will be on top of my list. Ever since I bought it, I have been using it nonstop and I even brought them (lippie & liner) during our short trip to Manila last week. 😍😍😍
Glammed up or simple makeup, it will work. I just love that it makes you look sophisticated and pulled together.
- Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani LIP PENCIL is sold at 32 SGD (20 USD) each.
- Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani LIPSTICK is sold at 33 SGD (18 USD) each.
- Both lip pencil and lipstick are opaque and pigmented; Can be worn individually or together.
- Easy to use and apply.
- one swipe is all you need and you can apply directly or use a lip brush.
- Long lasting/long wearing
- I went out the whole day wearing Rocksteady and had lunch, coffee, snacks, dinner and I still had lipstick on. The lipstick came off when I had dinner because I had something oily (I can’t remember exactly) but the lipstick left a good amount stain that I reapplying is not really necessary.
- It feels so light on the lips.
- No feathering.
- Made in the USA.
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- Available in local SG Sephora stores and online.
- I cannot find the lipstick finish on both the product tube and box.
- Not all lipstick shades are available in Singapore at the moment, but I hope they get to bring them here soon.
Makeup is so much fun. To me, it’s like a war paint. You put it on and you feel ready to go face the world.
– Gwen Stefani