Colourpop Cosmetics soared high last 2015 and though the brand is hit-and-miss for me I remained curious on their new products and collaborations. Now that they launched a new line, I know that I have to try them.
Every Colourpop Ultra Satin LipÂ comes in a slim, white box. On the body of the box, you will find that “ULTRA SATIN LIP” is printed in holographic letters while the name of the lipstick shade is printed on a sticker-like material and placed at the bottom of the box.
A bit of a guide for you:
Just like the Ultra Matte lipsticks, the products are placed in a transparent, and high-end looking plastic tubes with a silver cap. “Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip” is printed in a holographic sticker and pasted body of the tube. At the bottom of the bottle, you will also find the name of the shade.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Echo Park is described as warm, peachy nude with a satin finish. I was choosing between Echo Park and Magic Wand and obviously, I picked the first, but when my order arrived I was like “OH NO…” – I am expecting the fresh-from-the-grave look as judging from the bottle, it may look too peachy nude on me. I tried it with a bare face (because that’s what I do when I test lipsticks) and yes, I looked pale and partly convinced that I made the wrong decision.
Swatching day came and after I put my makeup on and applied the lipstick, I realised that it was not bad at all. In fact, the colour can be your everyday lippie.
I tried to compare it with the nude lip colours that I have and I cannot find an exact dupe for them at the moment.
FRICK N FRACK
90’s vibe, anyone?
Described as rosy terracotta with a satin finish; I will not be surprised if Frick n Frack will be one the best sellers for this range. Very wearable and it looks good on all skin tones. Forget those skinny eyebrows from the 90s and keep the brown/earthy lip colour alive! 😀
These three brands may have different finishes but they have similarities in colour.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip is sold at 6 USD per tube; sellers in Carousell Singapore are giving it between 13-15 SGD a pop.
- The lipsticks are opaque and pigmented;
- Easy to use and apply.
- one swipe is all you need and you can apply directly or use a lip brush.
- Long wearing
- Even though these are not transfer-proof, they leave a good amount of stain on the lips after eating/drinking.
- Light on the lips.
- You can conveniently press your lips together and lip product will not be tacky or ball up.
- Reapplying is also easy (when you want to
- Not drying on the lips
- No feathering.
- Made in the USA.
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- Easy to remove.
Colourpop is only available in Carousell Singapore and in order to get the shades that I like, I had to contact more than one seller. I got mine from Pingbong and merolshopsg.
UPDATE on AVAILABILITY
(as of July 2016)
Starting July 12th, Colourpop is now offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey. There is no flat rate for shipping because the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders.
If you want to try the brand but you don’t fancy the matte finish for your lipsticks, then you should consider getting their Ultra Satin Lip. Just like the UD x Gwen lipsticks, these lovelies can be enjoyed by people of all ages – young, middle-aged and matured because the formula is forgiving on the lips and comfortable to wear.
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss my upcoming posts and reviews! 😀 Meantime, you may check the rest of my Colourpop reviews by clicking the image below.
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation and Concealer: La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Warm Ivory
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay Vice Palette
- Eyeliner –Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
- Hourglass Luminous Flush
- Contour and Highlight
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade