Lyin King is described as saturated raspberry with a satin finish. A beautiful shade of red and the shade kinda reminds me of Jeffree Star’s Masochist, but Lyin King is redder.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
If you are looking for a colour that will give you that perfect pout, then you should try London Fog. This is Colourpop’s cool-toned blue red shade in their ultra satin range. As you all know, I have a collection of red lipsticks and so I did a swatch comparison:
A bit of a guide for you:
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip is sold at 6 USD per tube; sellers in Carousell Singapore are giving it between 13-15 SGD a pop.
- The lipsticks are opaque and pigmented;
- Easy to use and apply.
- one swipe is all you need and you can apply directly or use a lip brush.
- Long wearing
- Even though these are not transfer-proof, they leave a good amount of stain on the lips after eating/drinking.
- Light on the lips.
- You can conveniently press your lips together and lip product will not be tacky or ball up.
- Reapplying is also easy when you want to.
- Not drying on the lips
- No feathering.
- Made in the USA.
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- Easy to remove.
Colourpop is only available in Carousell Singapore and in order to get the shades that I like, I had to contact more than one seller. I got mine from Pingbong.
UPDATE on AVAILABILITY
(as of July 2016)
Starting July 12th, Colourpop is now offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey. There is no flat rate for shipping because the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders.
If you want to try the brand but you don’t fancy the matte finish for your lipsticks, then you should consider getting their Ultra Satin Lip. Just like the UD x Gwen lipsticks, these lovelies can be enjoyed by people of all ages – young, middle-aged and matured because the formula is forgiving on the lips and comfortable to wear.
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss my upcoming posts and reviews! 😀
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation and Concealer: La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Warm Ivory
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay Vice Palette
- Eyeliner –Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
- Hourglass Luminous Flush
- Contour and Highlight
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade