We are down to the last two shades and of course, I saved the best for last. I picked 2 of their the bold colours from the collection – Panda and The Rabbit.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
What a cute name, right? Described as deep pink-violet with a satin finish, Panda is without a doubt, a beautiful colour. You can play with your makeup and go from a rock chick to a vampy vixen. 😀
The Rabbit (another cute name) is described as a bright fuchsia with a subtle blue sheen and a satin finish. Just like Gwen Stefani’s Firebird, this shade reminded me of Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lipstick in Sundae. It’s bright and once the light hits your face, the subtle blue sheen is visible. That effect is quite cool. Also, this shade is perfect for the summer season! 😀
Sorry guys, I got carried away with the hand poses! 😜
All the lip swatches were done with 1 coat and no lip liner. Therefore, colour pay off may vary once the coat is doubled or if you use a lip pencil before you apply the lipstick.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip is sold at 6 USD per tube; sellers in Carousell Singapore are giving it between 13-15 SGD.
- The lipsticks are opaque and pigmented;
- Easy to use and apply.
- one swipe is all you need and you can apply directly or use a lip brush (this is my favourite method).
- Long wearing
- Even though these are not transfer-proof or kiss-proof, they leave a good amount of stain on the lips after eating/drinking, especially Lost.
- Light on the lips.
- You can conveniently press your lips together and lip product will not be tacky or ball up.
- Reapplying is also easy when you want to.
- Not drying on the lips
- No feathering.
- Made in the USA.
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- Easy to remove.
Colourpop is not available in local department stores in Singapore but you can check out Carousell SG and other local sellers.
- Just to get the shades that I like, I had to contact more than one seller. I got mine from Pingbong and merolshopsg.
There goes my complete review of Colourpop’s Ultra Satin Lip products.
UPDATE on AVAILABILITY
(as of July 2016)
Starting July 12th, Colourpop is now offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey. There is no flat rate for shipping because the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders.
Is it worth trying?
My answer is a big YES. In my humble opinion this is, by far, the company’s best lipstick formula. Aside from the other reasons that I mentioned in my previous posts, I can personally recommend them to my family and friends.
I still recommend their lippie stix (and I do share my stash with them) but some can still be too drying on the lips. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the Ultra Mattes because it is just too drying, unless they change their formula (pls let me know if they did).
See the first two parts of my Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip reviews here:
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed your time in my blog. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss my upcoming posts and reviews! Until next time.
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation and Concealer: La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Warm Ivory
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay Vice Palette
- Eyeliner –Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
- Hourglass Luminous Flush
- Contour and Highlight
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade
You can be gorgeous at thirty,
Charming at forty,
and IRRESISTIBLE for the rest of your life.
– Coco Chanel