Which products impressed me and which were such let-downs? Just continue reading to find out.
Kiko Colour Veil Blushes
- I bought the shades 02 which is a good dupe for NARS Orgasm blush and 06 which is a good dupe for Tom Ford blush in Ravish.
- They are very pigmented and has a good colour payoff. You should dip your brush with a light hand.
- Staying power is incredible – for a blush that is 2 Euros (I got them in 5 for 10 Euros deal in Kiko Milano Store in Paris) they are awesome. It can last a good 8 hours before it faded.
- They have a sweet smell but it’s not overpowering once applied.
- These are my go-to blushes at the moment.
Make Up Forever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette
- These are gorgeous but can be heavy to wear at the same time, so be sure to not put too much or cakiness will come your way.
- The most used in my palette is the green corrector – it is great for covering red spots; I use a brush with tiny tip and apply the green corrector on the spot and then add a concealer.
Tarte BB Tinted Primer
- A good friend asked me to buy this for her and on the way to the counter I saw a travel size version and so curiosity kicked in and I grabbed one (thankfully I did!)
- I travelled with this and I only have great things to say about this product.
- Used it in 2 different ways (either way, it was great):
- Applied it after my MUFE Peach primer and finished my look with the Laura Mercier Loose Powder
- Used as a primer + Laura Mercier CandleGlow Foundation (review coming soon) + Laura Mercier Loose Powder
- My face never looked flawless with a BB product before but this one, it’s my holy grail if I want to look great with less makeup.
- The first time I tried the bb tint cream, it stayed well on my face for more than 10 hours ( from 7 until 6 pm) without any touch ups.
This was a shot after we got home from an early flight and I was wearing the bb primer since 5 am (8 hours of wear, I think)
- Still searching for the blackest eyeliner that will not smear or transfer and so far, I am happy with Stila.
Laura Mercier Eye Basics
- great wear; does not budge
- I prefer this than the Urban Decay’s eye primer (Original and Anti-Aging) that I tried.
Mario Badescu Healing Powder
- Saves my day. ALWAYS.
- If I am too lazy to put on any makeup on my face, I will just apply this using a powder brush + setting spray and I am off!
- I don’t look too oily and it hides the redness on my face.
Mario Badescu Acne Gel
- As you all know, Mario Badescu dominates my skin care regimen and when I first bought my MB stash, I got their Acne Gel but that time, I felt that it was not doing anything on my skin.
- After a few months, I tried it again and now my skin is getting better and clearer. I am using it together with the Acne Facial Cleanser.
- I will be posting a full Mario Badescu haul + review soon so please stay tuned. 😉
Percy Reed Session Hold Hairspray
- Tried it. Liked it.
- Not sticky. Your hair stays put.
- The smell is not so strong like the usual hairspray.
- I use this when I fix my hair whenever I take photos for my swatches.
Real Technique – Bold Metal Collection Contour and Powder Brushes
- So I’m way too late for this but yeah, I got 2 brushes from their Bold Metals Collection and I am saving to get some more!
- First of all, I love the aesthetics – the colours and the shape; they are so different from regular makeup brushes that come in black or black x gold.
- Then comes the functionality. It is beautiful and very functional. I love how soft the brush hairs are yet they can blend your makeup well.
- The Bold Metals Collection is the high-end range of the Real Techniques brand.
- They may be pricey but if you are investing on brushes (which you should), this is a good choice.
Batiste Dry Shampoo
- First of all, it leaves my hair with white residue!
- Second, for some reason my head itches after using it.
- So this is a total fail.
Body Shop Serum Brightening
photo courtesy of bodyshop.com.sg
- This is not the first time that I tried a Body Shop serum. In fact, this is my 4th and I haven’t learned my lesson. I always want to find it the hard way.
- I think I have problems with their formula because the moment I use their serums, the next thing will be breakout-fest! Like breakout party on my face.
- I was given the travel size bottle when I purchased the regular size of the serum (thankfully I got it for 4 SGD because of elite member perks) and tried the small one first. And of course, it left my face red, irritated and pimples started to come out.
- I want to love this kind of products because they said that we need a serum in our skin care regimen, but if these products will leave my face red and hurting, NO THANK YOU!
LA Splash Lipstick
- According to the brand and some reviews I read online, this liquid lipstick is great because it really wears well even if you eat or drink, and of course, I had to try it.
- FIRST IMPRESSION: I didn’t like how it sit on my lips when it dried.
- I have tried and worn a lot of liquid matte lipsticks and this might be the driest formula that I have tried. The formula was so dry that it sits on your lip lines and that is not pretty.
- Also, while it may be kiss-proof, my lips didn’t look great after dinner.
Before and after dinner photo
- Lastly, it is so hard to remove. I used Bioderma Micellar Water and I had to use more than 2 cotton pads.
- Overall, I was not impressed with this liquid lipstick. But if you like it, that’s fine. 😀 Maybe it just didn’t work for me and if it works fine on you then 👍🏻.
Kiko Milano Definition Waterproof Eyeliner
I got very excited when I purchased this but later realized that I wasted my 5 euros on a bad product. You must be wondering why so here are the reasons why:
- First of all, the brush applicator is darn thin that it makes it so hard to use on your eyelid without poking your eyeball. Yes, I am serious and without exaggeration about this.
- The first and last time I used it was also the time when I poked my eyeball the most.
- Then, I tried to use a brush so I can transfer some product from the original applicator to my eyeliner brush but it didn’t work well.
- It takes a lot of effort and time just to even out the application. You cannot use this when you are in a hurry, or can I say that you cannot use this at all?!
- When I successfully applied it on my eyelids, I say that it was indeed waterproof. It did not move or whatsoever. HOWEVER, removing it was the next pain to deal with.
- I tried Q-tips and soaked cotton pads on my eyelids but no, they failed. I had to rub it off just to remove it and that is the first thing that you SHOULD NOT DO because tugging the skin around the eyes causes wrinkles and fine lines. 😖
- I never used it again and will definitely throw it to the bin.
And before I end this post, I want to share a non-beauty related stuff that I really like at the moment.
Beyonce’s Audio Visual Album: Lemonade
My Top 5 Songs for April:
- Saddest Vanilla by Jess Glynne
- Never Be Like You by Flume & Kai
- Cheap Thrills by Sia
- Secret Love Song by Little Mix & Jason Derulo
- 3 Strikes by Terror Jr.
So what do you think of these products? Have you tried any of them? I would love to hear your thoughts! Until our next sesh!