This is one of the famous brands that dominated the beauty industry and finally! I am featuring it today. ☺️
Anastasia Beverly Hills’ (ABH) brow wiz and dip brow pomades are, without a doubt, great makeup products and I highly recommend them to everyone. But it took a long time before I gave in to these liquid lipsticks because they have mix reviews – some say it’s bad, some say it’s a must-have. So as always, I want to find out the real deal.
These liquid lipsticks are placed in a transparent, and high-end looking plastic tubes with a silver cap. A gold design is printed on the upper side of the bottle while the brand name is printed in black letters.
Each lipstick tube comes in a black box with its logo printed in gold foil in front (as seen in the photo).
The name of the shade is printed on a black sticker and pasted at the bottom of each tube.
They have the standard size of a doe-foot applicator.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a blue-toned hot pink with a flat matte finish; this shade is very striking and perfect for the summer – or whenever you feel like wearing a neon lippie. 😉
Berry’s Beauty Tip:
If you are wearing neon shades like this, be sure to apply a blush that resembles the base colour of your lipstick so you will not look pale or drained out.
Described as a vibrant plum-magenta with a flat matte finish, this bold shade reminds me a purple wild orchid. It also has that striking similarity with Lime Crime’s Utopia (launched in 2014).
It might be unnoticeable at first but Madison has a deeper colour than Utopia.
Such a very lovely colour and I wore it twice and received compliments in all places I’ve been. So I say that this is really a conversation piece. 😉 Personally, I prefer wearing it with a simple makeup look and no other accessories because of its bold colour.
Now in my snapchat, I mentioned that I had to retake my photos for Madison because I had a hard time capturing the true shade in my shots. In my first set of photos, I was facing the window and using the natural light and the colour register was different. However, when I took a photo under the room light, it finally showed the purple-ish shade. Here is my photo using the natural light:
Either way, it’s still a beautiful colour and this is a new favourite!
Rio and Madison are just two of the newest shades launched by Anastasia Beverly Hills. You can check the full range of colours here.
- Each ABH Liquid Lipstick is sold at 20 USD.
- These can be found in Carousell Singapore and sellers are giving it between 34 – 40 SGD.
- Rich and great colour payoff
- Very opaque and pigmented; just 1-2 swipes is enough
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting/long wearing enough
- It did not crumble or becomes powdery.
- Light on the lips.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals; unless your food is very oily.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups, drinking glasses and straws)
- The lipstick faded in the inner part of the mouth after I had (oily food – Tilapia in Spicy Coconut Milk) dinner.
- Made in the USA.
- I felt a bit dryness on the lips after 4 hours of wear but my lips did not crack.
- This is something that we should expect from flat matte lipsticks that is why you have to be sure that you prep your lips properly (before and after wearing matte lipsticks) so you can avoid the chappy lips.
Berry’s Beauty Tips:
- Exfoliate and moisturize your lips.
- Use lip balm (before applying and after removing)
- When REMOVING any matte lipstick:
- Use a waterproof makeup remover. I use BIODERMA Sensibio H20 because it is good for sensitive skin.
- Some are using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton and gently wipe your lips. Others are also using Q-tips.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) BUT as mentioned, they are sold in Carousell SG. I ordered these from Pingbong.
The thing with bold lipsticks is that when you wear it, you have to match it with your confidence. You don’t just wear the shades, you also feel them.
These shades are bright, bold but truly beautiful. People would tell me how they wished they can also wear and pull off such colours and I think everyone can. The thing with bold lipsticks is that when you wear it, you have to match it with your confidence. You don’t just wear the shades, you also feel them. 😉 I hope that made sense!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you had a great time! Have you tried any shades from this brand? Do you have any recommendations on which shades to try? Let me know! Leave your comments in the box below. 😀
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss my upcoming posts and reviews! Until next time.
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Finland
- Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Makeup Geek x MannyMUA Palette
- Eyeliner –Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
- Hourglass Luminous Flush (Rio)
- NARS Mata Hari (Madison)
- Hourglass Mood Exposure
- Hourglass Iridescent Light
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade
- Finishing Powder
- NARS Translucent Crystal Pressed Powder