Off to another set of ABH liquid lipstick review, so let’s dig in!
If you haven’t checked out my review for Madison and Rio, you can find them here.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
American Doll is described as a classic retro red with a flat matte finish. This colour is perfection! It’s red and you know that red, matte lipstick is my weakness.
I used one application and the colour spreads beautifully on the lips. You can use the lipstick’s applicator or a lip brush, but I prefer to do both because that’s my way to achieving the perfect lip shape.
Described as a sangria with a flat matte finish; this is a beautiful wine red/purple-ish red colour that is not too deep but bold enough make a statement. If you want to make it darker or lighter, you can use a lip liner (of a deeper or lighter shade) before you apply the lipstick.
I tried looking for similar shade and I found that Colourpop’s LBB is a good match. Both are has a matte finish but LBB has a bit of a shine like that of a semi-matte effect on the lips unlike Craft, that is flat matte.
- Each ABH Liquid Lipstick is sold at 20 USD.
- These can be found in Carousell Singapore and sellers are giving it between 34 – 40 SGD.
- Rich and great colour payoff
- Very opaque and pigmented; just 1-2 swipes will do, otherwise it may feel thick and heavy.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting/long wearing enough
- It did not crumble or becomes powdery after eating and drinking; unless it’s very oily.
- Light on the lips.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups, drinking glasses and straws)
- The lipstick faded in the inner part of the mouth after I had (oily food – Tilapia in Spicy Coconut Milk) dinner.
- Made in the USA.
- I felt a bit dryness on the lips after 4 hours of wear but my lips did not crack.
- This is something that we, sort of, expect from flat matte lipsticks. That is why you have to be sure that you prep your lips properly (before and after wearing matte lipsticks) so this can be avoided.
BERRY’S LIP CARE TIPS:
- Exfoliate your lips.
- You can use your toothbrush
- DIY with brown sugar or
- use a lip scrubs that are available in the beauty stores
- Moisturise your lips
- You can use a lip balm and you can also do
- lip masks (though I don’t see a lot of brands offering this, but as soon as I find one, I will update you guys!)
- When REMOVING any matte lipstick:
- Use a waterproof makeup remover.
- I use BIODERMA Sensibio H20 or Sephora’s Triple Action Cleansing Water because they are great for sensitive skin.
- Some are using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton and gently wipe your lips. Others are also using Q-tips.
- Use a waterproof makeup remover.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) BUT as mentioned, they are sold in Carousell SG. I ordered these from Pingbong.
Thank you so much for reading and be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss my upcoming posts and reviews! Until next time.
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Finland
- Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Makeup Geek x MannyMUA Palette
- Eyeliner –Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
- NARS Exhibit A (American Doll)
- Tom Ford Ravish (Craft)
- Hourglass Mood Exposure
- Hourglass Iridescent Light
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade
- Finishing Powder
- NARS Translucent Crystal Pressed Powder
The thing with bold lipsticks is that when you wear it, you have to match it with your confidence. You don’t just wear the shades, you also feel them.