As promised, here is the second half of my Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick review. 😀
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
* this was taken past 6 PM and since I was using the light from the window, the photo appeared to be a bit darker.
This is described as a bright, rich red with orange undertones in a cream satin finish. This is definitely a bright and bold colour and as you can see in the photo, the shade looked more of red-orange on me.
Described as a bold, maraschino red with cool undertones with a cream satin finish. This shade, just like Tannin, gives a sexy and flirty look on the lips.
If you want to rock the bombshell look then you should get this one. No need for gloss or lip liner. Just this shade, a glowy skin, black eyeliner and tousled hair; Wear them all together with jeans and a white shirt and surely, people will look at you more than once. 😉
- Each Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick is sold at 26 USD.
- I bought these for 50 SGD each from PingBong.
It is great to find out that this brand delivered all their promises in every tube.
- Each lipstick gives off a very rich colour payoff with just one application.
- For the bold colours, if you want to sheer out the colour, you can always use a lip brush or your finger to spread/dab the product on your lips.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting enough.
- more than 5 hours of wear is decent for a creamy lipstick, especially that I did not wear any lip liner with it.
- Reapplication is also easy-peasy.
- Feels soft and light on the lips.
- Even if you add a little more, it will not feel thick or heavy.
- I love that I found another lipstick that is moisturising on the lips. The first moisturising lipstick that I had is the Besame Cosmetics.
- No feathering.
- I applied these without any lip liner and they did not feather or bleed even though I had meals and drinks.
- Unique scent and flavour.
- Love the citrus scent and flavour of these lippies. It was not overpowering and once you try them, you cannot help but lick your lips to taste it! Of course, I did that and it tastes like fruit.
- There are 34 shades to choose from and there will be colours for everyone.
photo courtesy of bitebeauty.com
- They don’t contain
- Made in Canada
- I wore it and had dinner and thankfully I was just at home when I tested these because my lipstick was everywhere! – straw, drinking glass, spoon and fork. I think this is common with creamy lipsticks. However, that also reminded me why I really love my mattes.
For longer wear, you can use a lip pencil before you apply the lipstick.
Also, I want to point out that despite not being transfer-proof, I did not experience any colour transfer on my teeth and that is a good thing.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) and also it’s not carried by Sephora Singapore.
As mentioned in the first part of the Bite Beauty Review, I will be doing a separate post for the swatch comparisons, so please watch out for that. 😀
If I am to pick my favourites, my number one will be Tannin and the second will be Sour Cherry, but overall I like them all. These lipsticks are definitely worth their price. Aside from great quality, they also offer things that are not in your usual lip product – made from freshly-peeled fruits and citrus scent. Also, this can be used by people of any age and it has shades for every skin tone.
Will I recommend it? DEFINITELY! However, be sure to store them properly because they can break easily. It happened to my Sour Cherry when I was swatching them for comparison. 😥
Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you are having a blast! See you next week for more hauls and reviews. 😉