The third newest shade from Jeffree Star Cosmetics is here – Mannequin.
JS describe this as a cool toned and like the younger and darker sister to I’m Nude. The shade was inspired by the colour of a plastic doll/mannequin’s head, hence the name of the shade.
If I’m Nude is too light for you, but you also find Celebrity Skin to be a bit dark then Mannequin must be your colour.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
By the way, I am wearing the Beauty Killer palette in these photos and the review for that will be out soon. I just want to play with the colours for a while before I send out my thoughts to the world wide web. 😉
Going back to Mannequin, this is the lightest shade that I own and the thought of looking sick and pale a.k.a “just-dug-out-from-the-grave” makeup is not my goal. Nude lipsticks work the same with red lipsticks – there is a different kind of nude for everyone. For example, peachy nudes don’t work for me but it looks great on others.
Nude lipsticks work the same with red lipsticks – there is a different kind of nude for everyone.
While this shade is (to my surprise) seemed to look good on my lips, I still think that the only way to pull it off will be with smoky eyes. Now, if you want to add dimension to your lips, you can always add a gloss in the middle of the lips.
These three shades (Gemini, Rose Matter and Mannequin) has a root beer flavour. And while I don’t fancy scents when it comes to my makeup but the root beer smell/flavour is delicious and not overpowering. I didn’t feel dizzy though the scent did not come off.
See the rest of my Jeffree Star reviews here.
- Each Velour Liquid Lipstick is sold at 18 USD.
- Local sellers in Singapore are selling it from 34 SGD each.
Where to Buy:
- Jeffree Star Website
- 2 lipsticks per shade/per customer.
- 3 lipsticks per shade per customer.
- I bought mine from PingBong.
*Carousell and Shopee are available in Singapore and Philippines.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Opaque and highly pigmented.
- Long lasting/long wearing
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery, unlike other flat matte lipsticks that I tried.
- Goes well with other products such as gloss.
- Light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Versatile product
- you can use the velour lipsticks anywhere on your face especially as an eyeliner.
- Made in the USA.
- The brand is not readily available locally (SG) but as I mentioned earlier, there are ways to order online. Here are your options:
- Purchase directly from their website and the international shipping (via USPS) costs 10.95 USD.
- If you do not want to buy directly from the company, you can check CAROUSELL/SHOPEE for local sellers.
- Order from Beautylish.com
SOLD OUT EASILY
I am a huge fan of JS products and I try not to miss any new launch since 2015. But since his makeup line has become very popular, it is now harder to get them during launches. It gets sold out quickly. To cut it short, if you want the shade, just click/order and buy them or you will be sorry!
Thank you for dropping by and if you enjoyed reading this, be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss my upcoming posts and reviews. You can subscribe thru email, bloglovin’ or thru social sites (you can find them on the right side of this page).