It’s the 4th of July and so let’s talk about something bright and red! And yes, that will the shade Rich Blood.
Described as a metallic ruby red with a matte finish, this reminds me of Dorothy’s ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Because of the microfine glitters in this product, the lipstick is more mousse-y than the rest of his velour liquid lipsticks. And because of this, I find that it is more challenging to apply without overdrawing the lips. Plus the applicator of the one that I bought is not in a great shape. 😦
This colour is a total standout and will look great on special events. Leave the rest of the face simple and let the lips do the work. But if you feel like wearing this in broad daylight then do that. You do you, darling.;)
This is such a unique shade that I cannot find a dupe for it from my personal collection.
As mentioned earlier, the consistency is different from the regular velour liquid lipstick and this made it a bit of a challenge for me. Am I not having a steady hand that day? I don’t know. I had to remove it 3 times and finally I decided to use my lip brush and reapplied ~ VOILA! perfect lip shape achieved!
So if you ever experience the same (regardless of lipstick) then trust your instincts and pick up the damn brush! Other than that, everything is great.
- Each Velour Liquid Lipstick is sold at 18 USD.
- Local sellers in Singapore are selling it from 34 SGD each.
Where to Buy:
- Jeffree Star Website
- 2 lipsticks per shade/per customer.
- 3 lipsticks per shade per customer.
- I bought mine from PingBong.
*Carousell and Shopee are available in Singapore and Philippines.
- Opaque and highly pigmented.
- Long lasting/long wearing
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery, unlike other flat matte lipsticks that I tried.
- Goes well with other products such as gloss.
- Light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Versatile product
- you can use the velour lipsticks anywhere on your face especially as an eyeliner.
- Made in the USA.
- The brand is not readily available locally (SG) but as I mentioned earlier, there are ways to order online. Here are your options:
- Purchase directly from their website and the international shipping (via USPS) costs 10.95 USD.
- If you do not want to buy directly from the company, you can check CAROUSELL/SHOPEE for local sellers.
- Order from Beautylish.com
SOLD OUT EASILY
- just click/order and buy them or wait until the next restock.
That completes my review for Jeffree Star’s 4 newest shades. Until my next post!