Here’s another set of new shades from Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks.
See reviews here:
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a mid-tone yellow brown with a flat matte finish. This is a new colour for my collection and despite the warm tone, I am loving it. I guess you can never have too much brown lipstick, right? But in my case, I can never have too much lipstick. PERIOD. 😆
I love wearing this with brown shades on my lids and a bit of a glow on the cheeks so the look won’t look too flat.
Described as a brown berry with a flat matte finish. This shade is hands down, GORGEOUS. I am not much into brown hues because I feel that they make me look mature but hey, this and Ashton are some of the best-looking shades that I have tried.
Again, it is warm tone but I like it very much. You can match it with eyeshadows that are red, maroon, browns and even plums.
Berry’s Lip Care Tips:
- Exfoliate your lips.
- You can use your toothbrush
- DIY with brown sugar or
- use a lip scrubs that are available in the beauty stores
- Moisturise your lips
- You can use a lip balm and you can also do
- lip masks (though I don’t see a lot of brands offering this, but as soon as I find one, I will update you guys!)
- When REMOVING any matte lipstick:
- Use a waterproof makeup remover.
- I use BIODERMA Sensibio H20 or Sephora’s Triple Action Cleansing Water because they are great for sensitive skin.
- Some are using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton and gently wipe your lips. Others are also using Q-tips.
- Use a waterproof makeup remover.
- Each ABH Liquid Lipstick is sold at 20 USD.
- These can be found in Carousell Singapore and sellers are giving it between 34 – 40 SGD.
- Rich and great colour payoff
- Very opaque and pigmented; just 1-2 swipes will do, otherwise it may feel thick and heavy.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting/long wearing enough
- It did not crumble or becomes powdery after eating and drinking; unless it’s very oily.
- Light on the lips.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups, drinking glasses and straws)
- Made in the USA.
- My lips felt dry after 2 hours of wear but my lips did not crack.
- After meals, the lipstick faded from the inner part of the mouth. So if you are wearing this on a dinner date/gathering, it is better to bring the lippie with you so you can retouch after.
- Though this is something that is expected from flat matte lipsticks, but I noticed that my lips were drier with Ashton than the rest of the shades that I used.
- These are also why you have to prep your lips properly before and after wearing matte lipsticks
- The brand is not available locally (SG) BUT as mentioned, they are sold in Carousell SG. I ordered these from Pingbong.
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation in Y225
- Concealer: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Medium
- Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil #4
- Benefit Gimme Brow #3
- Eyeshadow – Jeffree Star Beauty Killer Palette
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in Deep Black
- NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Via Venetto
- a mix of NARS Orgasm and Mata Hari
- NARS Laguna
- BECCA Shimmering Perfector in Opal
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
- Finishing Powder
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Finish Powder in Light