Sephora started teasing everyone by dropping hints for weeks and finally! the exclusive web launch for Black Card members happened last July 6th. The following day, the products were made available for public access online.
During the launch, I purchased the Shade & Light Eye Contour palette and Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown.
Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette
All of the eyeshadows in this palette are matte and just like the contour palette, it is also divided into 3 quads.
From simple to bold eye looks, this palette has a lot to offer and it caters to everyone – cool, warm and neutral shades. I haven’t tested all of them but when I used it last week (Eye Primer + Ludwin + Laetus + Samael) the shadows lasted a good 7 + hours of wear before it faded a little.
- 73 SGD at Sephora online.
- The eyeshadows are soft as a butter and highly pigmented but some may need to be build up to be visible.
- Easy to blend.
- I did not experience any fall off so that is great.
- It doesn’t smudge or move.
- There is a noticeable powder kick but I don’t count that as a negative thing because I the colour payoff is still good.
- I see this as a versatile product because you can also use some shades for face contour.
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Photo courtesy of vogue.com
This is a liquid eyeliner and it is very similar to Stila’s Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner.
- 32 SGD at Sephora online.
- The eyeliner is easy to use and the tip is not poking my eyeball so that is a great thing.
- The tip of the eyeliner is precise and can do thin and thick strokes.
- The product did not irritate my eyes.
- Dries quickly.
- easy to remove with a makeup remover; does not leave you with a “panda” look.
- long wearing and does not smudge.
These and the rest of the Kat Von D products will be available at the Sephora local stores starting July 22nd. Check out the full range here.