We reviewed mattes, ultra matte and ultra satins lippies from this brand so now, why don’t we check out their MATTE X formula.
This lipstick formula claims to:
- provide high-intensity full coverage pigment with one stroke application.
- be long-wearing and light-weight
- apply smoothly and have the most velvety glide without any uncomfortable dragging or pulling – like melting on your lips
- have a SUPER matte finish
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a neutral mauve pink and this is a very wearable shade to wear everyday.
Described as a vibrant hot pink and a good option if you want to rock a hot pink lip but you can’t stand the matte liquid lipsticks. This is similar to Colourpop’s Ultra Matte’s Highball and Jeffree Star’s Prom Night.
Poppin’ was the second matte x shade that Colourpop introduced in the market for a limited time. It was (I think) a giveaway when they hit 2 million followers in Instagram.
- Colourpop’s Matte X lippies are sold at 5 USD each or 12 SGD.
Where to buy:
There is no flat rate for shipping; the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders. I think they have a bracket for the weight and cost. 🙂
I am happy to say that I love this matte formula. I mean, of course! I love matte lipsticks but these are just spot on, baby! They did exactly what they claim.
✔︎ provide high-intensity full coverage pigment with one stroke application
✔︎ they apply smoothly and felt velvety on the lips. I can relate it to NYX’ soft matte lip creme texture.
✔︎ no bleeding, uncomfortable dragging or pulling of the lips.
✔︎ super matte finish.
✔︎ contains Vitamin E, Shea and Avocado Butter
✔︎ No Parabens.
But as much as I love them, these are the things that didn’t work for me:
⤬ Not long-lasting
- I tested these lippies and after meals, I noticed that more than 70% of the lipstick was removed. But do not worry because reapplying will not be much of too difficult.
- I noticed that these are more drying than the regular lippie stix so be sure to take care of your lips (apply lots and lots of lip balm before you sleep).
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss the rest of my Colourpop Matte X reviews! 😀 Meantime, you may check the rest of my Colourpop reviews thru the link below .