Still on the Matte X formula, here is the second set of my review.
This lipstick formula claims to:
- provide high-intensity full coverage pigment with one stroke application.
- be long-wearing and lightweight
- apply smoothly and have the most velvety glide without any uncomfortable dragging or pulling – like melting on your lips
- have a SUPER matte finish
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a brownish brick-red but this appeared more of a red-orange shade on my lips. I also find this as the least opaque amongst the 6 matte x lippies that I reviewed.
- Colourpop’s Matte X lippies are sold at 5 USD each or 12 SGD.
Where to buy:
- I purchased these from Pingbong but last July 12th, Colourpop started offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey.
- There is no flat rate for shipping; the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders. I think they have a bracket for the weight and cost.
I love the super matte formula and they did exactly what they claim:
✔︎ provide high-intensity full coverage pigment with one stroke application
✔︎ they apply smoothly and felt velvety on the lips. I can relate it to NYX’ soft matte lip creme texture.
✔︎ no bleeding, uncomfortable dragging or pulling of the lips.
✔︎ super matte finish.
✔︎ contains Vitamin E, Shea and Avocado Butter
✔︎ No Parabens.
As much as I love them, these are the things that didn’t work for me:
⤬ Not long-lasting
- I tested these lippies and after meals, I noticed that more than 70% of the lipstick was removed. But do not worry because reapplying will not be much of too difficult.
- I noticed that these are more drying than the regular lippie stix so be sure to take care of your lips (apply lots and lots of lip balm before you sleep).
Thank you for reading! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss my upcoming posts and reviews!