Let’s start the month with another set of Ultra Matte Lip review.
This formula is supposed to:
- be thin and lightweight
- glides onto the lips smoothly
- leave a SUPER intense pigment-rich colour with a bold, ultra matte look.
- very long wearing and completely kiss proof!
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a rich rosy pink with a flat matte finish. This has a raspberry tone and applies beautifully. I do not own any lipsticks similar to this.
Described as a rich blue red with a flat matte finish; This shade is truly a showstopper that it instantly became a personal favourite. 😁
Based on these swatches, Silhouette is a perfect dupe for Lime Crime’s Red Velvet and Jeffree Star’s Redrum while it is also very close to ABH’s American Doll.
I think that this shade has been discontinued so if you like this, you can try checking your local online sellers.
Each Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip is sold at 6 USD per tube while sellers from Carousell in Singapore are giving it between 13-15 SGD a pop. Each tube contains 0.1128 oz of lipstick.(below is a comparison with other major liquid lipstick in the market.)
- KVD – 0.22 fl. oz – sold at SEPHORA for 20 USD (38 SGD)
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick – sold at 18 USD (from 30 – 40 SGD)
- Lime Crime Velvetines – 0.88 fl. oz – sold at 20 USD (from 30 – 40 SGD)
If you are the type who wants to have a lot of options for less, then this is the worth giving a try.
Where to buy:
- I purchased these from Pingbong but last July 12th, Colourpop started offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey.
- There is no flat rate for shipping; the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders. I think they have a bracket for the weight and cost.
- Very opaque and pigmented.
- Easy to use and apply BUT it dries quickly
- Light on the lips.
- No feathering even after meals.
- I wore these shades for more than 7 hours but I felt the dryness on towards the 5th hour.
- Very minimal transfer on coffee cups and drinking glasses.
- Made in the USA.
- Since it dries quickly, you do not have much time to apply it as compared with other liquid lipsticks.
- Again, this is expected from matte lipsticks. But I observed that after using these, my lips felt dry even after I removed it. If this happens to you, make sure that you use a lip scrub and apply lip balm after.
Berry’s Useful Tips:
- Exfoliate and moisturise your lips.
- Use a lip balm (before applying and after removing)
- REMOVING the Ultra Matte Lip:
- Use a waterproof makeup remover. I use BIODERMA Sensibio H20 because it is good for sensitive skin.
- Some are using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton and gently wipe your lips. Others are also using Q-tips.