Remember the photo that I posted last Friday on Instagram? Yes, that one. That beautiful shade of lipstick that completed my 90’s-inspired look was True Brown K.
*Complete details of the packaging are in my previous posts and you can check it here.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
TRUE BROWN K
Just like its name, True Brown K is described as a deep chocolate brown and this is the darkest & brownest shade that I currently own.
Just like the vampy/burgundy colours, this shade is tricky to wear because it is very bold and if you are not careful, it can suck the life out of your face. So if you want to pull off a bit of a glammed version, then bronzers are your best friends. You need to add warmth on your face for a more sultry look – match with matte eyeshadows or those with hints of bronze/gold then dust off some plummy blush.
This is shade is perfect for fall but who needs autumn, right? Wear it whenever! wherever! 😘
- Each Kylie Jenner Lip Kit is sold at 29 USD (shipping fee not included)
- Though you can now buy the singles for the regular shades
- 17 USD for liquid lipsticks / 14 USD for lip liners
In Singapore, the price of online sellers may vary, but the average price is between 55 – 90 SGD/lip kit.
- I purchased these from Shopaholic Mom (Carousell) and you can click the icon below to visit her store.
- The products are both very opaque and pigmented (individually used or combination); 1 swipe is enough
- Easy to use and apply.
- It feels light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- Not sticky.
- No feathering.
- Long lasting/long wearing.
- My lips weren’t flaky despite the 8 hours of wear before I removed my makeup.
- Minimal transfer (only if you eat very oily foods)
- Easy to remove even though it seems that it can stand oily foods.
- Made in the USA.
Though there was no bleeding, I noticed the product faded a little from the inner part of the lips and this was taken before meals.
- If this happens, you can either reapply or dab it with the lip liner.
⤬ The lip liner is too soft that it breaks easily after you sharpen it.
- I used a MAC makeup pencil sharpener and the moment I swipe it on my lips, it broke. TWICE. So on the third time, I made sure that it wasn’t too pointy or else, I am just like wasting my money every time it breaks.
I did not encounter this with my previous Kylie lip liners but it can also be because of the hot weather and normally I would leave the windows open for fresh air. If this happens, try placing them in a cool, dry place so it won’t be too soft when you use them.
- I mentioned this in my recent podcast (Episode 03) when I talked about the liquid matte lipsticks.a With the first 4 shades that I reviewed, I did not feel any dryness whenever I wear them, HOWEVER, for this set, I felt dryness towards the 5th hour.
- I think that for darker shades it tends to be more drying. Either that or the formula is not consistent.
- It has a cake batter smell and taste and though it wears off after a few minutes, but I’m still not a fan.
- The brand is not available in Singapore but you can still get it from online sellers
- You can check CAROUSELL for local sellers.
⤬ ALWAYS SOLD OUT
- It is hard to get through the website and the moment they restock, it is as good as sold out.
I never thought that I can pull of this dark colour but I am happy that I gave it a shot because it is such a beautiful and dramatic shade & another first in my collection.
Click this photo to read the rest of my Kylie Jenner reviews.
Thank you for dropping by! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss my upcoming posts and reviews!
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation Stick in Y225
- Concealer: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Medium
- Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil #4
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Jeffree Star Beauty Killer Palette – Courtney
- KVD Shade & Light Eye Contour – Latinus, Liberatus, Lucius
- Colourpop Gel liner in Best-O
- Makeup Forever Aqua Eye Waterproof Eyeliner – Matte Brown
- NARS Mata Hari
- Mix of NARS Laguna & Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light
- Becca Prosecco Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector (pressed)
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
- Finishing Powder
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Finish Powder in Light
- Baking (under eyes)
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder