Here’s another set of lipstick shades from Bèsame Cosmetics and this time, it’s not red!
It’s been 6 months since my last review for this brand and as you know, it’s one of my favourite lipsticks in the market. Now this time, I tried their subtle and neutral shades and they’re called Portrait Pink & Chocolate Kiss.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
1963 PORTRAIT PINK
Described as a pastel baby pink without shimmer with a semi-matte finish. According to Bèsame, this is ideal for paler skin tones and I agree. It’s a pretty, innocent and delicate shade but I prefer to layer it with other lip products. I used this in one of my makeup tutorials and you can see the details of this look here.
1970 CHOCOLATE KISS
This neutral milk chocolate brown with a semi-matte finish is a good choice if you want that Au Naturel vibe. Just dab a little using your finger tip and off you go! It’s nothing too much and but not dull at the same time.
This has similarities with Jeffree Star’s liquid lipstick in Gemini, so if you can’t handle liquid matte lipsticks but you want this shade, then this is a great option. 🙂
- Bésame lipsticks are priced at 22 USD each.
- In Singapore, the price varies as it depends on the current foreign exchange, but in average it is being sold between 40 – 44 SGD.
I’ve been saying these in all of my Bèsame reviews but I’ll say it again. For me, they have the BEST lipstick formula that I have tried to date. Each lipstick gives off a very rich colour with just one application. I like the square end of their lipsticks simply because it makes the application easier. You can achieve the perfect shape with no mistakes even without the help of a lip liner.
They are comfortable, light and stayed for more than 7 hours on my lips. You can wear this on dinner dates because you don’t have to worry if your lipstick has faded. It may fade a little BUT all you have to do is press your lips together (once or twice is enough). I did not experience any bleeding/feathering and my lips did not flake out. I feel that my lips were moisturised while wearing them.
Their lipstick has a vanilla scent same with MAC lipsticks and Colourpop Lippie Stix but wears off after a while. Lastly, their products are made in the USA and cruelty-free (but not all products, I think..) Personally, I recommend this if you want a number of options for red lipsticks, especially if you have a bit of a dry/mature lip texture. Their formula is so forgiving on the lips and you will not suffer any dryness or blotchiness. So if you are looking for a lipstick to try, you can give this brand a chance and I promise that it is worth your time and money.
- Bésame Cosmetics is not sold in Singapore. I got my lipsticks from my reliable source of imported beauty products here. (PingBong).
If you do not want to buy from a local seller here (Carousell), you have 2 other options:
- order directly from their website and pay for the (not-so-inexpensive) international shipping fee (average rate of 44 USD for Singapore) OR
- order thru Sephora.com. Though this option only works if you have friends/relatives in the US who can help you with your orders. See the complete details of Sephora’s International Shipments here.
***There are now 11 shades available in Sephora website.***
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: Guerlain Lingerie De Peau
- Concealer: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz & Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow
- Eyeshadow – Natasha Denona Star Palette
- Eyeliner –Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
- Blush – Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection + Hourglass Luminous Flush
- Bronzer – Benefit Cosmetics Hoola
- Contour and Highlight – Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze