Here’s another batch of gorgeous pink shades from Jouer Cosmetics!
See my other reviews for this brand here.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
This shade is like the prettiest pink that I’ve ever seen and when MakeupByJesi swatched it out, it’s like trying to tell everyone that, Girl! you gotta get me.
Described as a cool rose pink with a flat matte finish, this shade is a bit tricky to actually pull off if you’re not on the fair skin tone. Let’s all agree that taking advantage of my current hair colour to make this look selfie-worthy is a good move. 😉
Now let me repeat that this is tricky to apply and here are the reasons why:
First, since this is considered a light shade, make sure that you apply the proper makeup like blush, a bit of bronzer and get some brows so you won’t look washed out.
Second, Orchid is not as opaque as the other lip crèmes that I tried before. If you have a natural pink lip, then all you need is one application & you’re good to go. HOWEVER, if you have a darker natural lip colour, then you need to, maybe, add a little more so the real shade would come out. But remember, since this gives a moussey/velvety finish, adding too much can feel thick on the lips.
But fret not because there’s always a solution!
This is where a trusty lip liner will come in picture. Pick up a lip pencil in the same shade or try a universal shade like that of Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk and line your lips then apply Orchid after. 😀
PÉTALE DE ROSE
This lip crème shade is described as a matte cool deep rose. A lovely & neutral lip colour that you can wear every day. I say that out of the bunch, this is my personal favourite.
FRUIT DE LA PASSION
This cool, bright pink number is screaming summer!
Okay, I’ll admit…it’s one of my impulse buy because I was really looking for neutral & blush shades but I kept on seeing this and so I got it. I’ll try to use it as often as I can but seriously, tho’ it’s a pretty shade. This is less shocking than Anastasia’s Rio (review & swatches here) and it’s like Barbie’s lipstick! 😀
- Jouer long-wear lip creme liquid lipstick is sold at 18 USD per tube and available in more than 20 shades and you can check then here. I bought mine from Beautylish.
- Jour lip crèmes are light on the lips and they give a velvety feel once it completely dries.
- To those who are a bit sensitive to makeup scent, please know that the lip crèmes has a cake batter scent that’s very similar to Kylie Jenner’s liquid lipstick. This is more of a personal preference and I really don’t like it.
- They have a sticky feel on the lips and if you press your lips even after they’ve settled, the lipstick moves/comes off a bit.
- Lastly, these are not completely transfer-proof.