Genre: Fiction/Young Adult Romance Published Date: July 2013 Date Finished: 08 March 2018
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris–until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all…including a serious girlfriend.
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
T H O U G H T S
1. This is one of your teenybopper stories; the one that high school girls/college girls would love to read. Naalala ko tuloy yung mga pocketbooks that I used to borrow from my friends! The Sweet Valley High days.
2. ‘Tho pang-bagets ang story, I won’t deny that it’s truly a romantic book. So nice makarelate again to that feeling of having crushes; the uncertainties if gusto ka rin ni crush or baka paasa lang siya at MU ka lang talaga (Mag-isang Umiibig.) At ikaw naman, kahit di ka sure, e aasa ka pa rin kasi nga kinilig ka eh! #yantayoeh
3. I like that there were a lot of dialogues between the characters and how the expression are so true-to-life BUT!
4. Medyo may umay-factor whenever Anna describes how immaculate Etienne is. I mean… who does that? Like, seriously, gurl! OA mamshie! I mean sure, magandang lalaki sya, pero wag naman natin sambahin at kulang na lang e alayan ng flowers! #santomuch? Siguro if I’m with her, then nabasa ko yung cloud bubbles niya on St. Clair, sure ako babasagin ko ung trip nia kahit mga 3x lang hehe. ✌🏻 It reminded me on how EL James used to describe Christian Grey thru Anna’s eyes. I mean, ok naman but sometimes, it’s super cheesy lang talaga…mejo eww na. And yes, I find myself rolling my eyes.
5. I enjoyed that the author described some of the famous places in Paris that it makes me miss City of Lights, too.
6. The story fell short on the following:
- The reason why Anna hates his Dad so much. It wasn’t explained how and why it started. All we know was that she finds it stupid that the dad was a famous a book author. AND
- the background story of Etienne’s dad. Sure, he’s controlling and strict but I wanna know more. Like, why Etienne can’t even visit his sick mother? What lead to the estranged father-and-son relationship?
Find the book here:
Follow my book accounts!