When Edie is caught in a compromising position at her colleagues’ wedding, all the blame falls on her – turns out that personal popularity in the office is not that different from your schooldays. Ostracised by everyone she knows, shamed online, her boss suggests an extended sabbatical. He has the perfect project to fill it – ghostwriting an autobiography for hot new acting talent, Elliot Owen. All she has to do is keep her head down and get on with the star. Easy, right?
Wrong. Banished back to her home town of Nottingham, Edie is not only dealing with a celebrity megabrat of epic proportions but also facing the ghosts of her past as she moves back in with her widowed father and layabout sister. As she questions the woman she has become, Edie realises that turning to look at her past is not just painful – it could potentially change her future.
Date Finished: 02 March 2018
T H O U G H T S
- This is one of your rom-com type of stories and I like light-reading books. Pwede ring maging movie sans the uber corny dialogues.
- I love the “language” & humor of this book. It’s very real. It’s how we talk to our friends in real life. The dialogue, expression,thought bubbles used.That kind of language.
- I felt connected with the characters especially Edie. At some point, you’ll feel for her and you may find yourself saying “Oh!poor Edie!“
- At first, I liked Louis, pero later on, gusto kong sakalin ang baks at isako! Bad!! Very bad siya! Hmp!
Lesson Learned #1: HUWAG ECHUSERA. Wag makisawsaw sa mga bagay especially if you don’t know the entire story.
Lesson 2: DONT JUDGE A PERSON. Being famous may have a lot of perks but it’s never equal to a HAPPY LIFE.
Lesson 3: Learn to VERIFY & DTR (Define the Relationship) otherwise, lagi kang biktima. WAG MAGING PAVICTIM/PABEBE NG TAON. Hindi na uso pakiramdaman ngayon. Parang anti-virus lang yan. Always verify! Kahit sa relasyon applicable yun at yes, it’s for your security rin.
- Kinilig ako! Mga 50x!!🤣 Tho’ there were parts where I thought it fell short & got a little bored but maybe it’s also because I was expecting more Elliot-Edie moments. Their story got me smiling like a crazy woman haha! Nakakakilig ih! 😍😍Honestly, nakulangan pa’ko sa moments nila…
- It reminded me of the famous saying: “dont shit where you eat.” Although this one is complicated & things got tangled up (i wont give spoilers na)
The book successfully illustrated how social media can make or break a person’s life. That’s a reality & bullying can still happen even in the corporate world. And even when you think you’re old enough.
- Kainis the ending!!!! I want more! I know it was THAT! But I wish there were like more chapters pa. 😅 Parang, Uy!! Ano behhhhhhh! Kwento ka pa!!! And yes, I’m that atat friend who wants a blow-by-blow account. Lol #deetsplease