A groomsman and his last-minute guest are about to discover if a fake date can go the distance in a fun and flirty debut novel.
Agreeing to go to a wedding with a guy she gets stuck with in an elevator is something Alexa Monroe wouldn’t normally do. But there’s something about Drew Nichols that’s too hard to resist.
On the eve of his ex’s wedding festivities, Drew is minus a plus one. Until a power outage strands him with the perfect candidate for a fake girlfriend…
After Alexa and Drew have more fun than they ever thought possible, Drew has to fly back to Los Angeles and his job as a pediatric surgeon, and Alexa heads home to Berkeley, where she’s the mayor’s chief of staff. Too bad they can’t stop thinking about the other…
They’re just two high-powered professionals on a collision course toward the long distance dating disaster of the century–or closing the gap between what they think they need and what they truly want…
Date Finished: 4th June 2018
Thoughts on The Wedding Date:
- It was overall SEXY-romantic chic-lit. Please note the emphasis on the word SEXY. There were R18 stuff but not like the 50 Shades kind.
- Loved the interracial relationship featured in this book & how the author illustrated some of the common situations that non-white people encounter in their daily lives.
- Also, the author illustrated a woman’s fear when it comes to dating thru ALEXA MONROE. That point when you’re conscious about your body, weight & everything that jiggles & afraid na baka hindi ka na magustuhan when the guy sees them. But a good amount of self-confidence can knock them off.
- The part when we (girls) wake up and we gotta pee ‘tas nagiisip ka kung tatayo ka or hindi, kasi baka magising si boylet e sayang naman yung hug.🤣😅
- DREW NICHOLS – I had a hard time picturing him because medyo generic yung description. All I know is that he’s got abs! 🤷🏻♀️ He’s allergic to commitments. But IMHO, a guy won’t blurt out that he’s not a girlfriend-kinda guy especially if he’a trying to flirt with a woman. #landi101
- Drew’s situation reminded me of Rachel Green’s (FRIENDS) situation with Barry & she’s a bridesmaid on her ex’ wedding.
- ALEXA MONROE is a strong woman with great career. Her strong suit? People-relation. I love meeting characters na hindi api-apihan. #girlpower!
- Like I said, this is a sexy romantic story, but at some point, I got tired with their sexy time… Grabeeee! Talagang pag nagkita, sunggab agad? Hala sia… It’s like, sexy time-coffee-donuts/tacos (on heavy repeat)
- I wonder, wala na ba silang ibang food kung hindi donuts, taco, In-and-Out? Nakakasawa kaya ung araw-araw e donut almusal mo. Also! That’s pretty bad for your health kaya! #titamoments
LESSON 1: “Dont bring a sandwich to a buffet.”
LESSON 2: If you’re single & ready to mingle, always be ready to flirt. Alerto! Mag-alerta! Baka ito na ung moment mo at sia na ang the one! Lol
LESSON 3: Try doing something exciting in your life (at least once) and just have fun without overthinking things BUT! Be responsible enough to handle the consequences, too.
Overall, the book was a fun one but not like, super awesome. Parang movie na I’m gonna watch, pero not on the big screen, ganern. Not bad for a summer read.