I tried this meal prep idea that I got from Lacey Baier of @laceybaier. So easy and very yummy!
Cook your rice.
I used jasmine rice with red quinoa but you can use brown rice, too. It will take around 25-28 minutes to finish the rice so you got time to prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Meanwhile, mix the honey and light soy sauce. Use a fork to mix well.
Prepare the ingredients:
- 250g Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- chopped garlic
- chili flakes/chili powder – OPTIONAL
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- Lemon zest
- 1 cup sitsaro/green peas, WASHED & vines removed
- black pepper
1. Add 1 tbsp oil on the pan and saute the chopped garlic.
2. When the garlic turns a bit brown (not burnt, okay?) Add the sauce that you prepared earlier. Mix it a little for about a minute to a minute and a half. Add a dash of black pepper.
Add the chili flakes/powder if you prefer a little heat. Let it simmer for 30 seconds and then remove from the stove & set aside.
3. Add a little oil on the used pan and then add the shrimp. Toss & turn until cooked.
4. Get the cooked shrimp out of the pan and place it in a bowl and then add the soy garlic sauce that you made earlier. Set aside.
5. Get a clean pan and then add 1 tbsp of oil to cook your garden peas. Sautee until cooked.
6. Add the lemon zest while the green peas are cooking and you add some black pepper & herbs to taste.
7. Once you reached your ideal texture (half-cooked & a bit crunchy or a bit soggy) then remove the green peas and set aside.
8. Get the food containers and place the rice, shrimp and peas carefully.
9. Let it cool and then refrigerate.
Note: This meal prep that I made is good for 2 meals because I prefer variety when it comes to my food. You can also add more shrimp and peas and adjust accordingly.