Yes, I got another personal project going on and this time, I got my eyes on a new fitness tracker. I’m currently using the Fitbit Charge 2 which I got in January 2017, just in time when I was starting an active life. I’ve been using this non-stop since day 1 and I’m very impressed. I ditched my fashion watches and just got some coloured straps to make it more fashionable.
Now, it’s been 2 years and the fitness tracker is in pretty good condition but my only issue now is the battery life because I noticed that I have to charge it every other day.
FITBIT VERSA 2…
A few weeks ago, I came across Fitbit’s IG post about their newest product, the VERSA 2 and to be honest, when I saw the Bordeaux Copper Rose, I was sold! Then I checked the new features & the complete details and in the paper, it sounded like an awesome fitness tracker. To cut the long story short, I got my eyes on the Versa 2. The Singapore launch was a few weeks late but then, it gave me enough time to think & decide if I want this Versa 2.
SELL & SAVE
The Versa 2 is priced at 318 SGD and it’s more expensive than my Fitbit Charge 2 but more affordable compared to an Apple watch. Pero mahal pa rin… So I thought to myself, hmm…maybe I can sell some of my unused items online (books & clothes)? and whatever amount that I can pool before the product is launched in Singapore, I’ll use that to buy my new fitness tracker. If it’s not enough, then I’ll make up the rest of it from my allowance. 😀 GOOD THINKING! (pats my back)
then I read the reviews…
As you know, I love reading reviews before purchasing anything. I review products & services, remember?! So yeah, as I was browsing Amazon, I’ve read the reviews from the customers who purchased their newly launched VERSA 2 and they weren’t happy. The reviews were between 2-3 stars! BAD! BAD! BAD!
Among their issues were:
- the Spotify feature that wasn’t working
- some Bluetooth connection issue
- the changing of the clock face that takes around 20 mins?
- and one of the reviewers tried to use while swimming and after a few minutes, the fitness tracker stopped working.
Read reviews here.
So after reading the comments from customers who bought the fitness tracker with their own money, I had my doubts…But I still want a new fitness tracker, just not the Versa 2! Then just in time, my good friend who’s training for her first marathon just got her Garmin watch! Now, Garmin is one of the top brands when we talk about fitness trackers. Best but pricey, yet I’ve considered getting mine because for me, this as an investment. It’s the kind of purchase that I won’t regret just like when I bought my Fitbit Charge 2 in 2017. #noregrets.
At first, I was eyeing VivoActive 3 but as I continue searching, I found out about Garmin VivoActive 4s & VENU – Garmin’s latest products. These were launched in September 2019 & not yet available in Singapore (still waiting…)
Some of the amazing features of the Garmin VENU
- Beautiful, bright AMOLED display and up to five-day battery life in smartwatch mode; up to six hours in GPS and music mode
- The broadest range of all-day health monitoring features keeps track of your energy levels, respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart rate and more
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon music or Deezer (may require a premium subscription With a third-party music provider), and connect with headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening
- Record all the ways to move with more than 20 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, pool swimming and more
Amazing features come with a price…
The Garmin Venu is priced at around 400 USD (around 550 SGD) *GULP! mahal, besh!
This is where #ProjectVENU comes in – with that price and unavailability in Singapore, I still have time to pool the fund for my new fitness tracker! 😀 To date, I’ve come up with 40% of my target amount (pre-loved items sold online + a portion of my monthly allowance) and I think I’m on track!
This is an on-going project and I will update you soon! Wish me luck!
What about you? Do you have anything in your wish list? What’s your plan to get it? Share it in the comments section!